SimCity was a 1989 PC video game produced and distributed by Maxis and later to my remade for the Nintendo DS and the Apple's Macintosh computer. It has spawned spin-offs of the sims name and forerunner of the critically acclaimed best selling computer video game, and/or series (a/k/a franchise), entitled The Sims and its successors The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 with production of The Sims 4, The Sims Medieval, and The Sims movie.
- ↑ 2004, Guinness Book of World Records, The Sims out sold the current holder Myst to become the best-selling video game of all time.
- ↑ 2008, 2009 Guinness Book of World Records, Maxis and EA have made The Sims franchise to sold over 10 million copies of the series without counting the forthcoming spin-off game.
- ↑ 2010, The Sims Division representative Twitter tweets, a sims division representative confirmed in 2010 that the production of The Sims 4 has begun. Little to no further information was released, but, confirmation on The Sims 3 successor is in the works
- ↑ 2010, The Sims Division, The Sims Division of EA has announced the release of The Sims 3 spin-off which will be released in March 2011
- ↑ 2004, EA, The game productions agreed to terms on releasing a live action featured film to be release in theaters.